Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day 6 Reading

Digital Photography

The main point I got out of these readings was think about what you are doing. Don't just go out there and start taking pictures or using the scanner, actually think about what you want the end result to be. Arrange the people in your picture, make sure there aren't any shadows, sometimes you need the flash in the middle of a bright sunny day. This was the step that surprised me the most. I need to use the flash on a sunny day, they must be joking? Seeing the difference in the pictures real made the difference for me.

2 comments:

Mrs. McFeely said...

Unfortunately, I'm one of those people who usually just starts taking pictures. Now, I know how to prevent those dark faces in the sunlight and to take the time to arrange the subjects in a more interesting composition than lining them up. :)

Lydia Horstman said...

It was also a surprise to me that you may need to use a flash in the middle of the day. I am one that does not pay attention to the "art" of taking photographs. I just take them. I really should consider being more careful and think about the end result. Small changes and consideration may make huge differences.