Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 3 Readings

Setting the Organizational Stage

After conceptualizing an idea, your next step would be to create a storyboard. A storyboard is a way to lay out how your presentation will look. Once the general direction of the project has been determined, you should begin working on the finished product. Most storyboards are never complete, they are a jumping off point. A storyboard can be created using a piece of paper and a pencil, or you can use several computer programs to help with the process. These programs include, but are not limited to Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Inspiration. In the long run, a storyboard will cut down on the time you spend coming up with your final project.

3 comments:

Margarita said...

Permission to use paper and pencil to create a preliminary storyboard is a relief for me. The storyboard tutorials were helpful but a bit intimidating when you've seen them for the first time. I agree with you about it saving time in the long run. It's best to have a game plan in order to have a quality end product.

Kathleen said...

This sounds great what I am wondering is what do you think is the best way to do a storyboard? I did mine in Kidspiration but I can not help but to think that their is something better out there. Like maybe an ongoing blog to think it through with someone. I am sure there is something out there but who has time to look?

Kierra said...

I agree with Margarita. I am definitely a pencil and paper kind of gal when it comes to the brainstorming and creative aspects of projects. I also appreciated your comment, Susan, that in the end, a storyboard serves as a time saver. I think this is true because if you can see where you are going, you will know how to get there.